What is a Parents and Citizens Association (P&C)?
A P&C Association is a school-based organisation with membership open to parents, teachers, students and interested citizens.
What does the P&C do?
- Promotes the interest of the school by bringing parents, citizens, students and teaching staff into close co-operation.
- Assists in providing facilities and equipment for the school and promoting the welfare of the students at the school.
- Encourages parent participation in extra-curricula activities and other educational events in schools.
Haberfield P&C meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7.30pm during the school year. All parents are welcome to attend.
These meetings provide a forum for parents to discuss the school’s operation with the school’s Principal. Other School executive members and teachers often attend and provide an opportunity to meet in an informal, friendly atmosphere.
Haberfield P&C activities range across a number of areas. In prior years, the P&C has been involved with:
- Fundraising activities
- Upkeep of gardens and grounds
- Assistance with lobbying and applications to obtain additional funding through grants etc
- Organising parent- school functions to welcome new families and students
- Operation and management of the Uniform Shop
One of the most successful achievements of prior P&C parents was the successful lobbying to get the pedestrian footbridge built over Parramatta Road. This bridge has greatly improved safety for Ashfield based students and families walking to and from school.
One of the main functions of the P&C is to raise funds to help finance school needs that are currently unresourced. The P&C’s funds have been used in previous years for obtaining:
- Upgraded play equipment including new safety ground cover for the playground area
- New literacy and numeracy resources for children
- Additional interactive whiteboards
P&C Association Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The Annual General Meeting is held once a year. At this meeting, the P&C executive are elected for the forthcoming year, by attending parents that are financial members of the school P&C.
Make a difference, come and join the Association each third Tuesday of each month.
Contact Communication Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org